- Melt the butter and chopped dark chocolate together in the microwave – not longer than 1minute at a time, otherwise the fat in the chocolate will separate. Set aside to cool once melted.
- Beat the whole eggs and castor sugar with a whisk attachment on your electric mixer, until pale and fluffy.
- Fold the cooled butter/ chocolate mixture into the whisked egg/sugar mixture – do not overmix or the mixture will split.
- Lastly, gently fold in the flour and the white chocolate pieces.
- Bake @ 170 ºC for 15 minutes – not longer – remove from oven, cool and cut with cookie cutter into 5 – 7cm diameter rounds.
Assembling The Dessert
- Place a cut round of brownie onto a serving plate.
- Cut the Kahlua –coffee ice cream into rounds with the same round cutter, 5 – 7 cm in diameter - ( dip the cutter quickly into a shallow bowl of boiling water so that the cutter cuts smoothly and neatly through the ice cream layer).
- Lift the ice cream "round" gently with a thin metal spatula and place it onto the brownie on the plate – place the second brownie "round" gently on top of the ice cream layer – you now have an "Oreo" with consists of two layers of chocolate fudge brownie with a coffee ice cream centre.
- Sieve some icing sugar onto the completed "Oreo". Garnish with a fresh halved strawberry or two raspberries alongside one another – this to add colour to your dessert .The second half of the strawberry you place on the plate. We also make a white chocolate straw and tilt it at an angle off the "Oreo".
Always try and match colours to contrast and add interest to your plated dessert – never forgetting that the eyes devour the presented plate of food long before the mouth even has a chance !!