Ready in: 30 minutes
Complexity: very easy
- 350g Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 heaped tablespoon Baking Powder
- 90 g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 350 ml Plain Yoghurt
- TO SERVE:
- Strawberry Jam
- Fresh Whipping Cream
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt twice into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg and yoghurt together in a separate bowl.
- Cut the soft butter ( room temperature ), into the sifted flour mixture with a table knife; then rub in the butter and flour together with the fingertips, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg/yoghurt mixture into the flour and butter mixture - cut quickly into the mixture with a knife point - only until the wet and dry ingredients are combined- DO NOT OVERWORK THE SCONE DOUGH.
- Place one large dessertspoon of scone dough ( this is a much wetter, sloppier dough than a regular scone dough ), into floured and buttered muffin pans.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven ( 220.C ), for approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool on cake rack, cut in half, butter and serve with strawberry jam and freshly whipped cream.